2012년 5월 30일 수요일

#9. Final


During this quarter, I enjoyed all the lectures and types of art. Especially, I wanted to study about Pablo Picasso’s artworks. So, among them, I really liked to study about Cubism. If I am an artist, I might influence by Pablo Picasso. Especially, I want to challenge synthetic Cubism art style. I really like painting but I am not good at it. Other types of artwork are captured and painting that scene. But synthetic Cubism is making abstract thing with random type of objects. Personally, I think that making abstract image is the most difficult thing in art. If we look at Glass and Bottle of Suze, we could notice that Picasso used pasted paper, gouache, and charcoal. I like the composition and color of this artwork. Synthetic Cubism is the way the artists created complex compositions by combining and transforming individual elements, as in a chemical synthesis (Stokstad 1025). As Picasso said that there was no such thing as completely abstract art, because “You have to start somewhere”. When I thinking about abstract art, just starting is difficult and organizing the objects will be difficult as well. But, after I read what Picasso said, it changed my mind. If there is something I want to do, then just start to do it.
Once starting imagine, it will keep come up in my mind. For my own work, my theme will be conservation of nature or animals. If I make my artwork, I will use various objects such as 3D objects.  I would like to use nature objects such as dried flower, leaves, or food. Somehow I can use ordinary objects that we can always see in our life such as keys, money. Also, I want to draw little on the side for expressing details. I do not want just organize some object, but I want to give some ideas or messages to people through my artworks. Or somehow I could satire the situation of animal abuse.  I could make animal shape with nature objects and then making hand to take care of the animal. I think that guessing theme of Cubism is difficult part. Also, it could be interesting to artist. Viewer has to look deeply and longer to find out the theme.
I do not know all of artists, but I guess that lots of artists influenced by Cubism and worked their artworks. I think that Cubism style is the most unique thing for me. Also, it is impossible to compare with any other types of art works. Unfortunately, now I do not have own work related to Cubism.  But someday I will challenge this type of artwork.  While writing the blog, I imagine how my artworks look like with Cubism style.  I guess that artist always have creative thinking and mind for own artwork. Just like Picasso, he made his own unique world in his artworks. At the first sight, it could look weird but when we look at it little bit deeply, we will realize that it is really attractive works of art.

댓글 1개:

  1. It sounds like your art (or the art that you want to make) about animal abuse would have a political agenda - which is very similar to some of the avant-garde artists (like the Realists) that we have studied this quarter!

    I like Cubism a lot, too. Picasso makes me look at the world (and at works of art) in a different way.

    -Prof. Bowen

    답글삭제